Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tile of Seville, Spain

Hola! I returned to a very hot & humid Lafayette, LA, suffering terrible jet lag...not sure why it is so bad this trip, but it is...hopefully I will be back to "normal" (HA!) in the next day or two...any brain work is out at this point so I just want to look at the photos of all of the incredible sights that I was fortunate enough to be exposed to in Spain.

Spain (particularly Seville where these are from) is well known for the tile and ceramic designs produced there and they are spectacular..I am giving you 5 of my favorites in this post...enjoy!
and good night...


the 1st three designs are from the Alcazar in Seville and date to the late 14th/early 15th century..being a geometric pattern freak, I went completely gaga over these...and the designs are as relevant, fresh, and appropriate today as they were back then..

the color combinations are just fantastic...






I've just completed a fabric scheme for a living room in Chicago that I am working on..I was very inspired by these 2 designs when finalizing the color combinations...these are from the Palacio de Lebrija in Seville and date to the 16th century:




No comments: