Saturday, May 28, 2011

Candace Greer--Tracery, Rosemary Beach

As an art agent, discovering new talent is a thrill. Once I find an artist that I think has the potential to do well in galleries, watching the artist grow and seeing the work produced get stronger and stronger is where I find ultimate satisfaction. Over the past two years through my travels and affiliations with The Big Easel and Gallery at City Club in Lafayette I have met many artists and seen hundreds of paintings. I have had many artists contact me to review their work for inclusion in shows and, moreover, hoping that I will find them gallery representation. In addition to actually liking an artists work, there are three key elements that I hope to see when reviewing an artists portfolio: strength, continuity, growth. It takes all three for an artist to wow me enough to take them on as a client and place their work in galleries, showrooms, and in projects.

Candace Greer (www.candacegreerart.com) is an artist that I have paid very close attention to as she has explored techniques, subject matter, and style in her paintings. It has been a joy to see Candace grow by leaps and bounds. Her latest body of work, acrylic on wood abstract boats done in a special watercolor technique, has just been selected by Tracery (www.traceryinteriors.com) in Rosemary Beach, FL. Just in time for the Summer season, these fresh takes on a classic seaside subject are perfect for those looking to bring the joys of waterfront pleasures into their home year round.

The Lafayette, Louisiana, native has been featured in shows at Gallery at City Club, The Big Easel, Rue du Pont Galerie, Another Broken Egg, and Charley G's.

Here is one of my favorites now at Tracery, Rosemary Beach:


Candace Greer
Abstract Boat
Acrylic on Wood
16" x 20"
$ 625.00



As you plan your trips to the gorgeous beaches of 30A (Rosemary Beach, Seaside, Seagrove, Watercolor, Alys Beach, Grayton Beach, etc), be sure to make time to stop by Tracery and see paintings by Candace Greer and Mallory Page as well as great home accessories, furniture, candles, and books.

Enjoy!

JM

Resources:

Candace Greer Art   www.candacegreerart.com
Mallory Page Paintings  www.mallorypage.com
Rue du Pont Galerie  www.luesvendson.com


No comments: