Sunday, May 17, 2015

Final Show at Lounge Gallery/The Next Chapter

 L to R: Page Jones Davis duo, framed Anne McLeod, Caroline Chunn McCarthy abstract still life, framed Lue Svendson 

The opening reception for my final show at Lounge Gallery in Lafayette, LA, was last weekend. As Brooks Dufrene and I hung the show, there was a bittersweet feeling in the gallery space that I have curated shows for going on four years now. Brooks and I were hanging and tagging and photographing what is my final show at the gallery.  Being a part of the Lafayette art world since 2009 has been so very rewarding and through getting to know artists, putting together shows, running shows, and learning more about art, I am now at the next chapter in my life and career. This chapter which begins in August is the fulfillment of a long time goal of obtaining a Masters Degree in Art and Design History and that is what I will be doing for the next two years at Parsons/The New School in New York City!

L to R: Connor McManus Rorschach, framed Linda Moncla watercolor (SOLD), framed Brooke Hoogendoorn abstract, framed Chase Nelson, Caroline Chunn McCarthy abstract still life, framed Brooke Hoogendoorn abstract, framed Eric Svendson photograph, unframed Anne McLeod abstract, framed Chase Nelson painting 


Moving back to New York was not necessarily our plan. It has just worked out this way because of school. We will be going back to our old way of life of dividing our time between New York and Lafayette which serves as a great respite from NYC life.

L to R: Framed Lue Svendson landscape, unframed Anne McLeod seascape, framed Lue Svendson hanging above framed Chase Nelson, unframed landscape by Andrea Shellman


I am proud of the work I have done in Lafayette since 2009 and look forward to continuing the work with the six artists for which I serve as agent as I expand their world via the expansion of my own art world career.


 L to R: Anne McLeod unframed seascape, Andrea Schellman interior scene hanging above Connor McManus Rorschach


The show that opened last weekend will be up through 2nd Saturday Art Walk on June 13th. If you did not make the opening reception, please plan to attend the closing reception from 5:30-8:30 pm at LOUNGE GALLERY at 403 S. Buchanan Street on June 13th.


If you would like to see the show in person this week, please let me know. I would LOVE to walk you through this show and tell you about the eleven artists included in the show and the work by each.

A HUGE thank you to Lafayette for your incredible support over the last few years. I look forward to staying in touch with all of you and who knows what the future might hold for all of us. I wish everyone all the best.

Below are some of my personal favorites from the show. For more information on any piece featured in this post and/or to see additional photos of any piece, please let me know at jefferymccullough@hotmail.com

As always, click on photos to see them larger.




PAGE JONES DAVIS 
Spartanburg, SC, artist
Turquoise Sky Landscape and Blue Sky Landscape Duo
Acrylic on Canvas
12" x 30" each
$ 625.00 each 
$ 1,200 for duo



ANNE McLEOD
Metairie, LA, artist
Breaking Light I
Acrylic on Canvas
20" x 20"
$ 475.00




 CAROLINE CHUNN McCARTHY
Mobile, AL, artist
Weeping Tulips
Oil and Charcoal on Canvas
24" x 30"
$ 950.00



CONNOR McMANUS
New Orleans, LA, artist
PUCK
Acrylic on Canvas
24" x 24"
$ 600.00



 ERIC SVENDSON
Lafayette, LA, artist
Jackson Square, New Orleans
Photograph on Canvas, framed
12" x 18"
$ 160.00



 BROOKE HOOGENDOORN
Lafayette, LA, artist
Peachy Pieces
Acrylic on Canvas, framed
16" x 20"
$ 415.00


LUE SVENDSON
Lafayette, LA, artist
Glow Of Light
Oil/Stain/Wax & Gold Leaf on Canvas, framed
18" x 24"
$ 1,700.00



LINDA MONCLA
Lafayette, LA, artist
Morning Glow
Watercolor on Panel, framed
25" x 25"
$ 600.00





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing gallery show!! It was such a blast. You know I have also been waiting for the upcoming art event that is going to be organized at gallery space for rent NYC. Actually my son will take party in that show and it’ll be his first official event.

Unknown said...

Wow! Such a wonderful painting.
I really love it! I like all of your designs and paintings. I appreciate the combination of colors.
Fantastic! OMG! I'm so very happy seeing the images of drawings and paintings. Love to see more work from you.

Unknown said...

Wow! Such a wonderful paintings.
I really love it! I like all of your designs and paintings. I appreciate the combination of colors.
Fantastic! OMG! I'm so very happy seeing the images of drawings and paintings. Love to see more work from you.

Decor Design Services New Jersey said...

Great information on blog. keep posting more.
we are Best interior designer in new jersey
.