Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Guest House Art

My love affair with a house continues. We leave Provincetown on Sunday so I only have three more days to "visit" this perfect beach abode. I was able to see the property from the beach and the dream still lives, possibly even stronger now that I had the opportunity to stand at the bottom of the steps in bare feet with the sand between my toes imagining walking through the garden into the house of my dreams.

Here is the property from the beach. The main house is on the right and the guest cottage on the left with a lovely garden between.



I imagine the guest cottage as the perfect separate space for friends and family that visit but also a quiet spot to read and meditate. With three large walls to fill with art, I have selected these pieces to continue the collection in the main house. These are pieces by two of my favorite Louisiana artists and seven excellent Cape Cod artists.

Above the bed and the starting point of the guest house collection, a diptych by Mallory Page:


Mallory Page
Need & Want Diptych
Acrylic on Wood 
3' x 4' each
$ 4,725.00/pair
available from Max & Company, Atlanta, Georgia


One large wall will have a grouping of:


Joerg Dressler
Fractals XIV, 2011
Oil on Canvas
24" x 24"
$ 2,400.00
available from Joerg Dressler Studio, Provincetown



Mitchell Johnson
Truro for Eggleston
Oil on Canvas
18" x 31"
$ 6,000.00
available from Munson Gallery, Chatham



Liz Carney
Boat, 2010
Oil on Canvas
18" x 18"
$ 950.00
available from Four Eleven Studio, Provincetown


and the other large wall:


Helen Grimm
Fowler I, 2010
Oil on Canvas
5" x 7"
$ 300.00

Helen Grimm
Dune 6, 2011
Oil on Panel
6" x 8"
$ 325.00

both available from Four Eleven Studio, Provincetown



Karen Cappotto
December Pond
12" x 9"
Mixed Media on Panel
$ 875.00
available from Schoolhouse Gallery, Provincetown



Hannah Bureau
Beach Day
Oil on Linen
14" x 11"
$ 900.00
from Julie Heller Gallery, Provincetown



Lora Brody
Yellow Bathing Suit
Pinhole Color Photograph
20" x 24"
$ 900.00
available from Schoolhouse Gallery, Provincetown


The starting point for the bathroom is Hope Hebert's dreamy abstract:


Hope Hebert
Sea Breeze I
Acrylic on Canvas
24" x 18"
$ 600.00
from Gallery at City Club at River Ranch, Lafayette, Louisiana

and also for the bathroom I have selected three charming Cyanotypes by Rebecca Bruyn from Cortile Gallery in Provincetown:


Rebecca Bruyn
Tide is In
Cyanotype
5" x 7"
available from Cortile Gallery
$ 450.00


Rebecca Bruyn
Provincelands
Cyanotype
4.5" x 6"
$ 450.00



Rebecca Bruyn
A Summer Path
Cyanotype
5" x 7"
$ 450.00


OK. I think I can now accept that Tim and I are not going to own this unique property in Provincetown.  By the way, the asking price is 1.695 million. That helps let the delusion go! 

As I have gone to all of the excellent galleries on the Cape and seen really fantastic pieces of art, I have assembled the dream collection that I would love to have. The pieces I chose are all available for any of you to add to your collection and I hope you will consider some of these pieces. 

As I go into my final weekend in Provincetown, I will dream of future visits, get some sand between my toes, sun on my face, and look for boats on the horizon. I hope you are able to do the same wherever you are.

Peace,

Jeffery


RESOURCES:

Mallory Page    www.mallorypage.com
Mrs. Howard/Max & Company   www.phoebehoward.net
Joerg Dressler   www.joergdressler.com
Mitchell Johnson   www.mitchelljohnson.com
Munson Gallery    www.munsongallery.net
Liz Carney        www.lizcarney.com
Four Eleven Studio   www.fourelevenstudio.com
Karen Cappotto   www.karencappotto.com
Schoolhouse Gallery  www.schoolhouseprovincetown.com
Lora Brody     www.lorabrody.com
Hannah Bureau     www.hannahbureau.com
Julie Heller Gallery   www.juliehellergallery.com
Hope Hebert     www.hopehebert.com
Rebecca Bruyn    www.rebeccabruyn.com
Cortile Gallery    www.cortilegallery.com

No comments: